Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Glass House (Part 1) by Ahan Devgun

Do you think you know everything about someone? You don’t, I should know.  Friendship is like a glass house, one wrong move and it breaks.

It was not just a regular day, the sky was orange and pink, with a dash of violet. I sat down on the front porch, of the biggest house in the neighborhood, my house was made out of glass. It was one-way glass, so I could see out, but they couldn’t see in. I was always protected one way or another. My life was always the same, that is until I met Iris. She was the only thing that kept on repeatedly changing. In my world of constants, Iris changed everyday, sometimes she was gothic, sometimes she was bright and cheerful, but I always trusted her. I have known her since I was 5, when she saved me from falling off my houses’ glass balcony. Ever since then, she and I have been best friends. We never kept secrets from each other, until I learned who she really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment