Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Personal Essay by Arjun Taneja

It makes me to unhappy when I see a disrespectful person. I have firsthand experience because I witnessed a boy brutally insult another boy about his skin color. I feel strongly moved by how disrespectful this boy was to the other boy. Anyone else should have the same feelings as me because no one should want to see a fellow human being disrespected and hurt.

The story unfolds as so: A white 7th grader insults an Hispanic 7th grader calling him names such as “idiot” and telling him, “Trump will get you deported”.

You can make a difference, all you have to do is step in and make a stand when you see someone being bullied. For example, when I saw the poor kid being bullied I quickly stepped in and respectfully asked the bully to stop. You don’t want to stoop to their level and be physical because they might turn around and pretend that it was you bullying them, also it’s just not right to start pushing someone around right after you told them to stop bullying someone. That just makes you a hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment