Tuesday, July 18, 2017

My View On The Hunger Games by Juunah Kang

\I thought The Hunger Games was amazing!!!!! I think Suzanne Collins did a wonderful job explaining a complicated adventure and romance story. I had no idea what inspired her to right such an interesting action-packed series.

So I did some research and found out a significant influence is the Greek myth of Theseus and the Minotaur. I found out more cool facts on the website I looked at.

The first time I read The Hunger games, I couldn’t stop reading it to where I read Catching Fire, the second book in just a few days. I would beg my parents to stay up for just a little more and couldn’t all asleep at night because all I was thinking about was The Hunger Games. Then I watched the movies which were also stunning! I didn’t know which was better. Movie or book? So I read the book again. There are some parts where I liked the movie version better or vis versa, where I liked the book version better. I’m stilled tied.

The series was recommended by my mother when I had no other books to read because I had read them millions of times over. So when I found out about The Hunger Games, I was excited.

The books are like no other in my opinion. To imagine something so abstract, with so many things happening at such a rapid pace, and then put it into words, well I know I could never do it.

I think the author did a really good job with always putting things in the right place. The events never seemed out of order like some other books I’ve read. There was always a twist where you least expected it. When you thought something was going to happen you were completely wrong.

I really liked how she always kept you on your toes with the romance. You were always thinking would Katniss choose Peeta or Gale? It always went back and forth.

In my opinion Mockingjay was the best book in the series. The love story going back and forth. Wondering what she’d do in bed kept me up half of the night and I was always dreaming about The Hunger Games. No matter how quickly you read this series, it will be fresh in your memory for a long time.

I definitely recommend this book to readers 10 and up. It can be difficult to read, so it is easier to be a better reader than not.

I can say that on behalf of a lot of people, this is the best book series I have ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment